Thursday, March 19, 2009

While I’m there I’ll pick up some mulch…

This southern migration of the fashion waistline hasn’t bothered me a whole lot in the past few years. If most of the younger population wanted to wear their drawers around their ankles…so be it. It wasn’t affecting my life.

But now it’s personal. I can’t find jeans that have an inseam long enough for my particular fashion sense. I bought some new ones and they feel like they are falling off all the time.

I did try them on in the store, but my evaluation of clothing when I just want to find something that works, pay and get out of the store is less stringent than my “why did I buy these?” moments I endure for years afterward. This may be called impulse buying if the impulse we are speaking of is to “get this over with.”

Now the only jeans that work for me are also sold in the hardware store next to the overalls and coveralls.