Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And my phone never rang...

A guy in a t-shirt keeps measuring the steps of the courthouse…summer workers bring wheelbarrows of sod…a man in a suit with a briefcase walks by…

And I just sit, drinking my pepsi, watching them go…

the Mayor goes into the courthouse…and man comes up the street, then turns back…a mother and 3 small children walk into the courthouse…a truck with at least 100 rocking chairs goes by…

And I just sit, drinking my pepsi, watching them go…

a lady walks by me and goes into the tax assessors office…the barber on the corner is talking to a man outside the post office…squirrels play (or is it work?) on the courthouse lawn…a lady hurries by…

ten more minutes pass...I see the store on the corner open...the flags begin to move with the breeze...the lady with the 3 small children come back out and go down the street...

I finish my pepsi, then I go…