Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Finish Line

I read in a magazine a while back about great endings to books. Words that summed up the whole thing, or just ended it with flair, pizzaz or leaving you wanting more, but at the same time leaving you knowing it was well-finished.

So I found a few of my own…however, these do not have books written in front of them, they are just endings (for those with the attention span to write the 345 pages before this line, feel free to use these) for potential books.

“She smiled a wry smile as the bulldozer ran out of gas.”

“As he died, he remembered where he left his wallet.”

“He looked around the room, then at the ground and said, ‘Yeah, I-55 does run through St. Louis.’”

“Cream of Wheat? This is what you brought me? Cream of Wheat?”

And finally…

“And even if he wanted to…he didn’t own a bicycle pump.”