Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Caught red-handed...

I went to a meeting today for a committee/board of directors I have been asked to be a member of. It was my first meeting with a few of them, but the first time in a formal setting for all of them.

Before I left, I had to record the news, since the meeting would take place at 11:30 and the News@Noon really needs to happen sometime around the noon hour in order to satisfy the name.

In printing the script for the news, I found out the printer cartridge was empty. I decided to go to get another one before my meeting. To be safe, I carried the old one with me. When I got one to replace it, I went to pay and noticed the residual ink had leaked on to my hand…bright red.

So I’m off to meet new people in a new setting and I have a bright red right hand. And I don’t want to spend too much time in the bathroom trying to clean up because I didn’t want my new colleagues to think I either had a hand washing fetish or any other problem that may go with spending a bunch of time in the bathroom.

Also, whenever I go into a public restroom, I am ever mindful of having an inordinate amount of water pressure in the sink and soaking myself from the waist down, thereby causing what would appear to be a whole different problem whatsoever.

This kind of complicated minutia/silliness seems to happen to me all the time. Is it just me?