Sunday, July 6, 2008

Carpe Diem...

After much thought and planning, I’ve decided to make the leap into the great unknown.

It’s the right time for it, after all, who knows when I will have this chance again?

(I don’t want to look back years from now and regret that I didn’t seize the opportunity when I had it.)

This brings us to the Real Country Music lyric of the day: I wanted more from life, than four kids and a wife and a job in a dark Kentucky mine.

So starting next week, I’m going get up and go to work. I’m going to finish up doing nothing on Monday (I still have a little more nothing to do to in order to make a clean break…I don’t want to just abandon my leisure) and then it’s off to the office!

I’m really looking forward to trading in my boxer shorts (well, I’ll still have them on) and tee shirt for a shirt and dress pants. Socks, too.

I hope I can be an inspiration to the rest of you to follow your obligations with tedious regularity.