Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I have friends who drink beer, but I haven't tried it yet...

I have a week to prepare for a doctor’s appointment.

I’ve been saying over and over again, “No, nothing hurts. I feel great!”

The reason I’m going to the doctor is that the insurance company needs me to go see a physician in order to determine how much I should pay (if they’ll cover me at all) to have my medical bills partially paid after a three-month fight and a hugely high deductable is satisfied.

They want to know what they might have to pay for so they can tell me that they won’t pay for it.

I need to look some stuff up on the internet…answers to give to questions in order to keep the doctor from probing further into my health history...or anywhere else.

*We stop for a moment for the Real Country Music Lyric of the Day: That’s how many wrecks I see there every day, caused by the girl wearing nothing but a smile and a towel in the picture on the billboard in the field near the big ole highway...

Back to my plan…in short, I’m going to lie.

I’ve never smoked, drank, ate shellfish, or been out in the sun for more than five minutes at a time.

I don’t eat anything but vegetables and fiber. I exercise regularly. I don’t crack my knuckles. I’ve never heard of beef jerky. I keep my cell phone at least 10 feet from my head at all times.

The reason I don’t feel bad about lying is that I don’t believe I should have to give him all the answers. What did he go to medical school for? So I could tell him what the problem is? Who’s the doctor?

If that fancy medical license on the wall is worth the paper it is written on, he needs to prove it.

I just hope he doesn’t look too hard.


*actual lyrics heard by me on the radio station of my employment...