Friday, July 4, 2008

Celebrating 20 years of Independence...

Some of my friends out there in blogland have started a one-word answer list of 35 questions…

I thought I would participate (and I tried to answer them all), but 35 questions are beyond my attention span and also violates my unwritten agreement that my blog posts wouldn’t cause more than four or five minutes of distraction, even if you read slow.

Also, one word wasn’t enough to answer the questions.

So I made up my own. I have 4 questions. I planned to have 10, but I ran out of time. I was watching a movie on Lifetime and I just couldn’t turn away. It’s the one about the guy who cheated on his wife. Last night it was about the woman who went crazy and re-decorated her kitchen.

Ok, here are my questions…

1. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? I never understood this show. For a while (when I was little), I thought San Diego must have been the 51st state and Carmen was the city. It turned out she was a person that traveled around. The game was to figure our where she was. I never found out.
2. Less filling or tastes great? I was too young to understand this at the time, but who would drink something just because it was less filling? I think this created a generation of people who drink beer for the wrong reasons. It’s not a weight-loss program with a buzz. It’s a beverage.
3. Briefs or boxers? I changed from briefs to boxers in 1988. It was Independence Day. Let freedom swing.
4. Should I stay or should I go? This is one of my favorite questions. The problem is, the Clash never answered it. They gave us some possibilities (trouble or double trouble), but never told us the answer. It's kind of disappointing.

And finally, our Real Country Music lyric of the day:
Well, love makes a man do some things he ain’t proud of
And in a weak moment I might
Walk your sissy dog
Hold your purse at the mall
But remember, I’m still a guy

Oh my eyebrows ain't plucked

There's a gun in my truck
Oh thank God, I'm still a guy

(Still wish I’d gotten a truck.)