Thursday, July 17, 2008

Uh oh, here comes Angie...

It’s taken me about 180 posts on this blog to remember a problem I have had for years.

I’ve never known anyone, or been around, or seen, a murder. I think I’m normal in this.

(This isn’t the problem I’m speaking of…)

My problem is with the show, Murder, She Wrote.

The star of the show, Angela Lansbury (playing Jessica Fletcher) was not a detective. She merely traveled around and everywhere she went, someone got killed. I could understand if she was a cop. But she was a writer.

And a murder magnet. There were 264 (in 12 years) episodes of the show and a Murder, I assume, in each of them. So she, unwittingly, would show up somewhere and there’d be a homicide. I think this is somewhat suspicious. What are the odds?

This is an excellent opportunity for the Real Country Music lyric of the day:
I got a letter late last night
From the woman in Cell-D
Tomorrow night's the prison dance
She wants to go with me
I'd really like to make it
I know It'd be all right
But I can't take you to the prison dance
'Cause they're hangin' me tonight


Anyway, would you want her for a friend? If she told me she was coming for a visit, I’d make sure all my close associates had their affairs in order. Also, the odds were that I would be accused of the crime until ol’ Angie pulled my fat out of the fire in the last five minutes. So not only would I have to deal with a murder in my area, I’d be under suspicion for the killing.

Who needs that?