Monday, July 14, 2008

Maybe I'll use the patch...

The world loves a quitter.

Quit smoking. Quit drinking. Quit shaving in the shower.

The only thing I can find about keeping going is “Keep on Truckin’” and “Keep on keeping on” neither of which makes any sense.

Which brings us to the Real Country Music lyric of the day:
There's a long stretch of black top underneath a cloudless sky
There's my truck, washed and gassed up just itching for a ride
If this had been six months ago, I know what I'd have done
But girl I'm running out of reasons to run


There is huge money in quitting, or at least helping people quit things. Nicotine gum, for instance. I’ve used it, even though I don't smoke. I just want the benefit of the quick energy boost of nicotine. This is why I can stay up late, blogging into the night.

Anyway, it even tastes pretty good and I don’t have to worry about getting kicked out of a restaurant or having to tamper with the smoke alarm in the lavatory on plane flights, possibly risking being tagged with a federal offense.

But what do you do when you need to quit nicotine gum?