Thursday, July 24, 2008

If you need me, I'll be out in the garage looking for my sunroof...

What a difference a day makes.

More on that in a second…it’s time for the Real Country Music lyric of the day:
When I was just a little boy we lived down on a farm
Seven miles from nowhere and a hundred miles from harm
We made our livin' from the dirt if anything would grow
And we got our country music from a big old radio

As I was saying, what a difference a day makes.

Yesterday I wrote: I’ve been trying to fix the DSL and internet connection that we have (or don’t have) at our house. I have the AT&T Help Desk phone number memorized. My phone call every night is rapidly getting more of a sarcastic tone. Just hearing them answer “Help Desk” gets me angry. It’s a “No Help Desk,” so far.

But today a guy came out and replaced the modem and it works fine.

Yesterday I wrote: The dryer made a funny sound so I carted it off to the appliance extortionist. It’s still not back at the house. I have no idea what this will cost, nor any way to argue that it’s too high. I have no knowledge in this area. I'm really kind of mad about it.

But today I got it back and it was $75. It could have been worse.

Yesterday I wrote: I have four phone jacks in the house and the placement of only one of them makes any sense. It’s in our bedroom. There isn’t one in the kitchen, if you can believe it. I can't believe how stupid it is.

But today I went to the store and bought stuff. Everything now works and is strategically (enough) placed. There is a phone in the kitchen now.

Yesterday I wrote: When I bought my car I was disappointed that it didn’t have a plug for my IPOD, but I wasn’t going to make a car purchase based on it. It was just one of those things. I wanted a sunroof, but the car I needed to buy (for budget and other concerns) didn’t have that either.

But today I noticed a small hole for a plug in the lower left hand corner of the radio.

I don’t know what the moral of this story (or post) is, but I wish someone would hurry up and tell me.