Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Maybe I'll buy goggles...

I can’t see well enough to shower anymore.

I’m in there this morning and I’m ready to wash my hair…but I can’t see which bottle is the shampoo and which one is the conditioner.

(Usually, I use a shampoo/conditioner that is a “2 in 1,” so I don’t have to be able to see. Unfortunately, this morning the bottle sat on the bathroom counter, moved to make room for the kids’ bath toys.)

I can see the huge kangaroo, I can see the word “VOLUMIZING” (whatever that means) but I can’t see which one to use.

The Real Country Music lyric of the day (real music lyrics heard today):
Man, if I have one, I’ll have thirteen. And they can’t get me off the kareoke machine, The more I drink...the more I drink.Yeah, the more I drink, the more I drink, the more I drink.

The bottles are the same size, color and shape. They are marked the same, except for the tiny word just under “VOLUMIZING.” I’m sure the directions are different on each bottle, but they are even smaller than the words I already can’t read.

So, I just stood in there, squinting. I realize I could just open one of them and find out, but I just don’t feel like it. Having to make a choice that early in the morning might just start me down the wrong path for the entire day...I’d be constantly second-guessing myself.

And once I go in to the shower, I don’t come back out until the job is done. I hate the “shower intermission” thing. You get the floor wet, it’s cold, and the towel you use is now ruined for the drying off after the real shower is over.

Anyone know what "VOLUMIZING" means? Send me a note.